Create your Own Fund OR support one of our specialty funds for that last minute tax deduction. Contribute to the Longmont Community Foundation and help our community. Make your last minute donation online via our secure website by clicking here There’s also still time to donate to your own fund, one of our specialized funds, or create your own legacy of giving for the community by establishing your own Donor Advised Fund.
Creating a Donor Advised fund is simple and you can realize a tax deduction in 2014 and make your granting decisions in 2015. In addition, you will be creating a forever resource for our community. We’ll be open until 6 p.m. on New Year’s Eve to give you every opportunity to create your own fund and start your legacy.
You may designate your contribution to support:
1. the Operating Fund – the fund that helps the Foundation provide day-to-day services to the community. Highlights in 2014 include: We provided $625,000 in grants this year; completed our separation from The Denver Foundation – reducing our expenses for 2014 and beyond; provided 8 technical assistance seminars for nonprofits; and manage 135 family, scholarship and corporate funds that impact our area. All of these services are provided by two staff members and lots of volunteers!
2. one of the18 agency endowments managed by LCF
– Longmont Community Justice Partnership Endowment
– Friends of the Longmont Public Library
– A Woman’s Work Endowment Fund
– Life Choices Endowment
– Longmont Meals on Wheels Endowment Fund
– Longmont Symphony Orchestra Endowment Fund
– OUR Center Endowment Fund
– VIA Mobility Endowment Fund
– Imagine! Endowment Fund
– Silver Creek High School Endowment Fund
– St. Vrain Historical Society Endowment Fund
– Skyline Education Foundation Endowment Fund
– Longmont Chorale Endowment Fund
– Longmont Council for the Arts Endowment Fund
– Intercambio de Comunidades Endowment Fund
– Friends of the Longmont Senior Center Endowment Fund
– Habitat for Humanity of the St. Vrain Valley Endowment Fund
– Friends of the Longmont Museum Endowment Fund
3. one of LCF’s specialty funds
Downtown Longmont Community Ventures – improving downtown Longmont
Quarter Fund a group of twenty-somethings working to improve communities through philanthropy and volunteer involvement
The St. Vrain Conservation Fund – help rebuild and improve improving parks and the environment in the St.Vrain Valley
The Basic Needs Fund for the St. Vrain Valley – providing food, clothing and emergency service support
The Innovation in Education project – inspiring new ways for teachers, parents and students to learn and create.
The St. Vrain Community Services Award Program – recognizing High School seniors who make a difference in our community through their volunteer work
Arts Galore fund – creating collaborative artistic expression in Longmont
Mead Community Foundation – organized to improve life in Mead
Best wishes in 2015 from LCF!