It is easy to establish your own charitable fund and it can be done in less than a day. After determining your charitable purpose or intent, you will work with our staff, and your financial advisor if you choose, and take these simple steps:
- Decide when to give. You can create your fund now, establish it in your will, or even create a trust arrangement that benefits your family as well as a charity or charities.
- Decide what to give. Almost any kind of asset can be used to start your fund, including: cash, publicly traded securities, closely-held stock, interests in limited partnerships, real estate, life insurance, tangible personal property, and private foundation assets.
- Choose the name of your fund. Funds can be named after a donor, a donor’s family, a memorial to someone special, or if you prefer anonymity, you may choose a name that has special meaning to you.
- Choose a Type of Fund. Please see the types of funds on our Four Steps to Creating a Fund fact sheet. You will work with the staff of the Foundation to assist you in deciding what type of fund will suit your chartiable purpose.
Now the best and most fun part is to Enjoy giving through your fund.
Once your fund is established you can:
- For donor advised funds, you may recommend distributions to charities, locally or throughout the United States. In general, this includes nonprofits, churches, schools, or goverment entities.
- Specify whether a grant is to be given anonymously or acknowledged by the name of your fund .
- Add to the fund at any time in any dollar amount.
If you have questions about establishing a fund, please Contact Us